We congratulate John Gooley, together with Peter Radan and Ilija Vickovich have released the fourth edition of Principles of Australian Contract Law: Cases and Materials. In this work, the authors draw together the key decisions and relevant legislation that illustrate the development of legal principles underpinning Australian contract law.
Cases are carefully selected, edited, and cross-referenced to the companion textbook, Principles of Australian Contract Law, to promote a deep understanding of the subject. Each case extract includes a summary of the most important elements — court, facts, issue, and decision — and helpful comments to assist readers to understand why a particular case is important and the principle to be drawn from the decision.
Relevant secondary sources are also included to expand critical thinking on many topics. The fourth edition of this text has been fully revised to ensure alignment with current teaching. New case extracts include:
- Australian Financial Services and Leasing v Hills Industries (2014)
- CA & CA Ballan Pty Ltd v Oliver Hume (Aust) (2017)
- Commonwealth Bank v Barker (2014)
- Electricity Generation Corp v Woodside Energy (2014)
- Gnych v Polish Club Ltd (2015)
- Hayward v Zurich Insurance Co (2016)
- Paciocco v ANZ Banking Group (2016)
- Pavlovic v Universal Music Australia (2015)
- Richmond v Moore Stephens Adelaide (2015)
Together with its companion textbook, Principles of Australian Contract Law, this text makes an ideal resource for students, practitioners, and anyone wishing to understand this complex area of law.